Thursday, March 1, 2007

Chapter 5

RSS was new to me, but I am interested in learning more about it. It is really great that the book breaks it down into terms that are understandable. The book also advises us to take it slow so that we can really understand the possibilities of RSS. Something that definitely peaked my interest was that it will be just the content that I choose, no ads and no spam. That is a beautiful thing.

The book warns that it may seem like a lot of information at first, but not to feel overwhelmed. That does concern me, especially since the chapter does go on to say that you should check your RSS feeds daily. I have so little time right now, and the thought of adding something that should be done daily to my list, turns me off. However, I really think that as I learn to fish through all the information for what is important to me--I will really like it.

I am not sure if I would have my students have their own RSS for class, but maybe have one for all my classes. That way we can collect the latest scientific information. We can discuss the information and respond to current events. Any time you can connect your subject to real life, that helps students to realize why what we are doing is important.

No comments: