Thursday, March 1, 2007

Chapter 3

"And as we all know, when a teacher believes in what she's doing and is confident in her tools, well, it rubs off on even the most resistant of students." I totally agree with this statement. When you are passionate about something it shows, and is contagious. I am so excited to use technology in my classroom, but am still not sure how much blogs will be a part of it. If I am going to use blogs, I need to keep blogging and find that passion that can rub off on my students.

I did like that the book started to loosen up on the "blogging rules" and said that it is okay to blog just for fun. I didn't need to book to give me permission, it just makes me like the author more. But, as a side note...Is anyone else tired of seeing the internet referred to as the Read/Write Web?

I also liked how the book explained, step-by-step, how to use the functions of Blogger. Showing you how to make it a safe place for your students is really important. For me to implement blogging in my classroom, I would need to be assured that it would be as safe as possible. It does stink that Jefferson County has blocked that site. Even if I do not use blogs in my classroom, I see the validity of its use and would be glad to help those that want to challenge that decision.

No comments: